Tuesday 23 February 2016

Run like Paula Radcliffe: Let Your Girls Learn How It's Done


Do you have girls in the house who are marathon enthusiasts? Today, we have decided to bring some marathon champion quotes to you, so your sports enthusiast girls can get some inspiration and start stepping up their game in the commercial playground or any field for that matter. Nobody can be more inspiring than Paula Radcliffe, so let’s just look at some of her most inspiring words.
  • At big championships it's not the fastest person, it's the person who gets it right on the day.
  • For an athlete, the biggest pressure comes from within. You know what you want to do and what you're capable of.
  • From my training I can get a good idea of what I'm capable of.
  • In the marathon anything can happen.
  • Every time I go out and race it's a goal to go out and run faster than I've done before.
  • A half marathon is a good way to have a bit of fun and race against those girls and learn a bit more about them. The world half marathon is a world championship at the end of the day and it's important. I've win it twice and it's a quality event.
  • I can't imagine living and not running.
  • To represent your country at a home Olympics is something special and I'm over the moon to be selected for Team GB. I was pleased to get the qualifying time in Berlin earlier this year and my sole focus is getting in the right shape for London.
  • I have always run as hard as I can. You are not going to run any harder with or without men. You are running on your own two feet.
  • No one remembers who came fourth.
  • As an athlete, there are advantages being with a team and getting regular physio.
How do you inspire your girls to be active on the playground structures? Share your opinion with us through our comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment