Monday 30 November 2015

Ready for Some Inspiration? Read Play Time Quotes for Children


Teach your kids the best Quotes taken out of Favorite Children Books

Every child has his own way to connect to its inner self and outdoor playground equipment, storybooks and good company help children connect to their inner self. Children love quotes, especially the ones that come from their favorite story books. In this post, I have decided to collect one of the best inspirational quotes from famous children’s books.


The Lion and the Mouse


"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."


ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY


"It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that."


CHARLOTTE'S WEB

"'Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.'
'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.'"



CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG


"One day I gave Clifford a bath. And I combed his hair and took him to the dog show. I'd like to say Clifford won first prize...but he didn't. I don't care. You can keep all your small dogs. You can keep all your black, white, brown, and spotted dogs. I'll keep Clifford...Wouldn't you?"


CORDUROY


"'You must be a friend,' said Corduroy. 'I've always wanted a friend.'
'Me too,' said Lisa, and gave him a big hug."



FROG AND TOAD ARE FRIENDS


"Frog said, 'I wrote 'Dear Toad, I am glad that you are my best friend. Your best friend, Frog.'

'Oh,' said Toad, 'that makes a very good letter.'
Then Frog and Toad went out onto the front porch to wait for the mail. They sat there, feeling happy together."


THE GIVING TREE


 "'I don't need very much now,' said the boy, 'just a quiet place to sit and rest. I am very tired.'

'Well,' said the tree, straightening herself up as much as she could, "well, an old stump is good for sitting and resting. Come, Boy, sit down. Sit down and rest.'
And the boy did. And the tree was happy."



THE JUNGLE BOOK


"We be of one blood, ye and I."


OLIVIA


"When they've finished reading, Olivia's mother gives her a kiss and says, 'You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway.'
And Olivia gives her a kiss back and says, 'I love you anyway too.'"


PETER AND WENDY

(Also known as Peter Pan or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up.)


"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting."



THE RAINBOW FISH


"The Rainbow Fish shared his scales left end right. And the more he gave away, the more delighted he became. When the water around him filled with glimmering scales, he at last felt at home among the other fish."


THE STORY OF FERDINAND


"And for all I know he is sitting there still, under his favorite cork tree, smelling the flowers just quietly. He is very happy."



SYLVESTER AND THE MAGIC PEBBLE


"Mr. Duncan put the Maggie Pebble in an iron safe. Some day they may want to use it, but really, for now, what more could they wish for? They had all that they wanted."



THE VELVETEEN RABBIT




"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real.'"


WINNIE-THE-POOH




"'But what I like doing best is Nothing," said Christopher Robin.

'How do you do Nothing?' asked Pooh, after he has wondered for a long time.
'Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, What are you going to do, Christopher Robin, and you say, Oh, nothing, and then you go and do it.'"

Why quotes matter?

Are you inspired yet? This may actually prove to be better than the fancy commercial playground equipment that your children get to hang around every evening. According to research studies, quotes play a great role in inspiring children and ingenuity in their attitude. Bedtime stories and inspirational quotes do more than just inspire kids, they also help empower children’s imagination and aid in helping them understand the world around them better.

Do you use quotes to inspire kids? Share your opinion with us through our comment section below and let us know what you think about the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment